HOW CAN AN OFFSHORE TEAM ACHIEVE MAXIMUM PRODUCTIVITY?
Offshore development center (ODC) is a business model that helps reduce cost and optimize internal resources by setting an ODC in another country such as India, Philippines or Vietnam. Provided that you decide to have an offshore development center set up in Vietnam, what should you do to achieve maximum productivity from your offshore team?
Here are a few things you need to take into account when managing your outsourcing team abroad:
- Share Your Goals and Objectives
All developers need to understand what the goal is and where the project is going. Paint them a picture of your product vision so they can make smart choices as they are implementing the project.
They also need to understand and be able to see the upcoming work items to do. They want to know they have job security and where the project is going. Be sure to share with them details about release and sprint planning.
- Team Engagement
Make sure that you engage with your offshore team 1 on 1 daily to track their work progress and provide assistance when they need help.
- Manage Between Time Zones
One of the biggest challenges with the offshore development team is working on vastly different time zones.
Luckily, most of InApps developers can be flexible with time zones difference. This enables us to have time for daily meetings, scrum, and Q&A. The shifted hours can also work as an advantage if you could spend extra cost on your team for overtime working hours.
- Communicate Efficiently
Try not to confuse your offshore team. Get straight to the point and state the obvious. Be very clear with your directions. If their fluency of your language is not good, get to the point and don’t make them assume anything.
- Organize Workflow
Workflow management can be a great challenge and time consuming when you have to plan, organize and assign tasks to many people remotely. Get to know specialized software for workflow management such as Jira or Asana to automate task assignments and deadlines.
- Assign a Team Manager
Not only you have to manage your offshore remotely, but the team also consists of more than several members, each of them has their own personality and skills. How can you gather them and work harmoniously in a team to reach your goals without issues? Make sure you pick a capable team manager who understands and evaluates your business requirements and challenges, ensuring that expectations are aligned for every project.
InApps Technology Offshore Development Team
Here are some reasons why clients choose InApps Technology as their offshore software development company in Vietnam:
- Competitive Hourly Cost
- Clear delivery management and visibility to service metrics
- Transparency and Predictability.
- Close Collaboration.
- Flexible Team Structure.
- Latest Development Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Our team capabilities:
- English communication— 75% can read and understand spoken English.
- Cost-efficiency — You can find excellent developers for $17-$22 per hour.
- Good Communication Skills — They are good communicators and aren’t afraid to speak up or challenge you. They want to do a good job and succeed.
- Talented workforce — Young developers who studied and worked abroad in the US, Australia, Northern Europe or Japan.
- High-level of Tech skills — Excellent at analysis, troubleshooting and tech solution brainstorming. They are passionate developers who love what they do and desire for self-development.